This is my favorite recipe from my co-worker Pat. I have made it so many times over the years and it's become a favorite!
Chili Recipe
1 lb. ground beef (don’t use the extra lean kind)
2 hot Italian sausage (casings removed)
2 sweet Italian sausage (casings removed)
1 medium-large onion diced
1 medium-large pepper (any color) diced
2-4 jalapenos (to taste) chopped with or without seeds
2-4 cloves of garlic diced
1 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes
1 28 oz. can of whole, peeled tomatoes
1 15oz. can of whole tomatoes ( I like to use the roasted tomatoes for the whole ones but any kind are fine)
3 cans of beans (I use black beans, kidney and pinto beans)
3-5 tablespoons of chili powder
2-4 tablespoons of cumin
3-5 tablespoons of paprika
1-2 tablespoons of cayenne
salt and pepper to taste
Brown beef and crumble beef and sausage in a Dutch oven. Sprinkle with paprika, chili powder, cumin and cayenne reserving some of the spices for later. Stir until well mixed. Remove meat from pan. You can (but I don’t always) drain fat from pot.
Sauté diced onions, peppers, jalapenos and garlic until soft then add meat again. Add tomatoes, beans (don’t drain) and remaining seasonings to taste.
I add the salt when chili is almost done. Simmer over low heat for 1-2 hours. I wait until it has the consistency that I like. Serve with shredded cheese, scallions and sour cream. Enjoy.
A place for me to save all the recipes that I want to try & a place for me to save things that inspire me and to remind myself that I am loved
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ginger Scallion Chicken and Rice
Ginger Scallion Chicken and Rice Hainanese chicken rice, most likely originating from the island of Hainan off the coast of southern China, ...
-
Dan Dan Noodle Salad - Hetty Lui McKinnon Turns out, dan dan noodles work well as a salad, in this recipe adapted from my cookbook “Linger: ...
-
Masala Chickpeas With Tofu and Blistered Tomatoes Like a warm and gentle nudge, masala spice gives onions and chickpeas a distinctively comf...
No comments:
Post a Comment